September 21, 2012

Stop, I’m getting off.


At least for a while.
I know I am not alone. Everyone is complaining of having had a bad summer or at best having had no summer. The devastating heat in the East, the burn-out in the Midwest and now we in the West are in the hot seat. Hell has arrived and the world is in a global meltdown.
This is beyond the usual. I hear astrologers predict daily financial wipe outs (the Jamie Dimon descent was just the beginning). Everyone is going up in smoke. There are no happy days are here again.  Global denial ... it’s exhausting.
Everyone is spent. Talk about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Two weeks ago I started feeling dizzy and extremely tired. My doctor insisted it was all "stress related" (what isn't nowadays) and told me to unplug for a few days.

Rather than medication, I chose my favorite retreat a foolproof getaway shrine.  I’m packed, ready and on my way.
I am going to end this post with a comment from Frenchtoast to a recent post on this blog-
“I was thrilled to learn Gore (Vidal) end his life with these final words: ‘STOP IT.’ Grant it he said it to his nurse who was stretching(!!!!???) his leg. But I think Gore was saying a lot more than that. I believe he left us with THE mantra of THE moment. Now ... I dare you to use it ...

À bientôt.

1 comment:

Beata said...

“Fear less, hope more;
Eat less, chew more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Love more, and all good things will be yours”
- Swedish Proverb